The links below will help instructors gain a deeper understanding of the service-learning or community engaged learning field–and find resources that will help them provide opportunities for students to learn while they help address a local need. More links will be added soon.
- What is Service Learning?
- How Does Service Learning Affect Students?
- 101 Ideas for Combining Service & Learning in 19 Disciplines
- Why is Reflection Important and Where Can I Learn More?
- What is Community Based Research?
- Where Can I Learn More about Community Based Research and Sample Projects?
- Where Can I Learn More about Assessing the Impact of Service Learning?
- Where Can I find Publishing Outlets for Service Learning or Community Based Research?
Additional Web-Based Service-Learning Resources
- Learn and Serve America: Corporation for National and Community Service
- Campus Compact
- Michigan Campus Compact
- Community College National Center for Community Engagement
- National Youth Leadership Council
- Association of American Colleges and Universities – Series on the Bonner Program
Resources for Evaluation of Project and Student Work
- Rubric to Access Service-Learning Reflection Papers
- Assessment Rubric for Student Reflections
- Rubric for Assessing Quality of the Service-Learning Experience: Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Blogging as a Tool for Reflection